The STC Battery Breaking and Separation system is designed to treat lead acid batteries and to separate all the main components, each one with the lowest amount of impurities:
- Electrolyte: to be collected after initial battery crushing, separately stored and possibly processed inside an Electrolyte Treatment Unit or in the desulphurization unit;
- Polypropylene chips ready for further upgrade to extruded PP pellet.
- Lead Paste clean fraction (no metallic or plastic contamination) can be additionally separated into two different fractions: fine lead paste and coarse lead paste;
- Metallic lead with possible separation between poles/posts and fine grids;
- Heavy Plastic (Polyethylene, PVC, ABS, Heavy PP, etc.) with possible further separation & recovery;
The standard available plant capacity includes 5, 10, 15, 20, t/h of batteries. Higher capacity available upon request. The plants can be operated up to 24/24 and 330 days per year .
A compact and simplified version is also available for installation up to 5 t/h.
The STC Battery Breaking & Separation plant has the following main advantages:
- High quality of the separated fractions;
- Strong, robust and simple plant very reliable and easy to use with low maintenance requirements;
- Automatic or manual batteries feeding system;
- Top quality “made in Italy” at very competitive cost;
- Partially pre-assembled in our workshop;
- Environment-friendly and safe for the operators;
- Low labor intensive;
- Automatic operation controlled by PLC;
- Construction available either in stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316;
- Low energy requirements;
- Full compliance with legislative requirements and Best Practices.
Optional and System Integration
The battery breaking and separation plant can be integrated with some optional units like:
- Battery pre-crushing unit (in-line or with intermediate storage buffer);
- Metallic fraction separation of fine metallic fraction (fine grids) from coarse fraction (large grids, posts and poles);
- Polypropylene washing, grinding and extrusion line;
- Heavy plastic treatment system;
- Electrolyte neutralization and reuse or electrolyte cleaning and concentration unit;
- Scrubber for general ventilation for installation in closed building;
- Metallic fraction desulphurization ;
- Paste desulphurization;
- Sodium sulphate or ammonium sulphate production unit;
- Paste & fluxants pre-mixing and pelletization;
- Lead smelting;
- Lead refining units.